Software Engineer II contributes to the development, delivery and maintenance of technology-based business solutions. He/she is skilled in designing, coding, testing, and implementing configuration changes to software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify customer requirements, design automated tools/solutions by taking into account software best practices, and drive their implementation.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, investigation and resolution of high severity customer-impacting problems.
- Responsible for impact analysis and development of product enhancement pertaining to change requests.
- Interact with core development team, across a complex, innovative, and wide-ranging project.
- End to end support of opera products and hosted enterprise solutions.
- Provide mentorship to more junior engineers through your professionalism and software knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive hands-on technical experience in UNIX, IDE , Java/J2EE, Python, Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge on Middleware, webservers, databases & SQL queries (Oracle/MySQL)
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools and technologies.
- Excellent technical and non-technical presentation, communication and inter-personal skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Understanding of W3C standards and experience in addressing cross-browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Good understanding of XHTML, HTML5 and CSS.
- Familiarity with classical programming concepts such as polymorphism, inheritance, and encapsulation.
- Exposure to MVC, Spring, Regular expressions, Junit
Email your cover letter and resume to HR_India@operasolutions.com.